Interrelation of the cycles
Sheng and Ke cycle:
The Sheng and Ke cycle form a feedback system, which keeps the system/ body/ universe in balance. The Sheng and Ke cycle ensure that each element is connected with the other four elements.
Wood restrains Earth, but at the same time, the Earth promotes Metal, which than restrains the Wood. In this instance, Metal makes sure, that Wood does not restrain Earth too excessively.
Ke and Wu cycle:
The Controlling – Weakening cycle or Ke and Wu cycle represents a conflicting (fighting) aspect.
– Wood can break the ground (Earth), but Earth can bury Wood, too.
– Earth can absorb Water, but Water can cover the land (Earth).
– Water can extinguish Fire, but Fire might evaporate Water.
– Fire can melt Metal, but Metal might not melt before Fire is extinguished.
– Metal can cut Wood, but Metal might become dull before breaking Wood.
Wu and Cheng cycle:
If any of the elements are over abundant, they can disrupt the balance of the circle.