Find yourself and heal your body, mind, and spirit in the holistic experience of Ayurveda, meditation and yoga, in this unique property overlooking the ocean. Join like-minded guests at the original home Ayurveda Experience authentic Ayurveda during a luxurious beach holiday. Gain strength through daily Yoga exercise and let yourself be pampered on a beach with a breathtaking view of the Indian ocean near KAPPIL
Ayurveda – the Science of Life – has existed for more than 5000 years.It has main aim:to maintain the health of human beings.
Why you have to go so far to KAPPIL(Kerala) to get ayurveda package?
Because AYURVEDA uses only fresh herbs which are growing only here in jungles.And can work effectively with your body
Ayur Veda (Sanskrit) – Science of Life.
Ayurveda is a more than 6000 years old Science that carries the knowledge of examination and cure of most ailments of our body and mind. Our symptoms or problems can be understood as unbalances between our three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) and the ayurvedic treatment is aimed to achieve balance in the three doshas.
The treatment always starts with consultation and examination by our Ayurvedic Doctor. All treatments are planed individually and include a prescription of massages, oil therapies, herbal medicine, yoga and different diets.
A modern lifestyle with stress, processed food and pollution normally results in bodies that take on large amounts of toxins. The process of body cleaning (detox) is in the Ayurvedic School called “Pancha Karma”. A Pancha Karma takes between 3 – 7 days, a little depending on your individually constitution and balance. If you, one or two weeks in advance, would try to avoid meat, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and other rather unhealthy products, the Pancha Karma will be quicker and more smooth.
Once the toxins are out it is time to fill your body with nutritious and tasty food, corresponding to your individual needs. The combination of massages, baths, yoga and the relaxed atmosphere will make you feel a huge difference in body and mind just after a few days.
If you would like to continue your state of excelled wellbeing back home, you are welcome to visit the kitchen to learn how to cook some of the ayurvedic dishes that you have been eating during your stay.Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu. Ayurveda is not only a treatment system for Indians but is a health programme for the people of the whole world, for animals, trees, water, air and everything. If you go deep into it you can see all the modern scientific explanations in another way of thought.
Ayurveda Chikitsa (Ayurvedic treatments) Ayurveda divides treatment into
1) Sodhanam (Purification treatment)
2) Samanam (Pacification treatment)
In working with patients, an Ayurvedic practitioner uses various techniques, including questioning, observation, touch, advising a treatment plan, food and specific therapies. Patients are expected to be active participants in their treatment, because changes in diet, lifestyle and habits are often required.
The goals of Ayurvedic treatment are :
1. Eliminate impurities
2. Regain complete health – Physical and mental.
For doing Sodhana chikitsa (Purification treatment), we have to prepare the body and mind. This Preparative procedure is called Poorvakarma. Poorvakarma is followed by Pradhanakarma – The Panchakarma or the Elimination treatment and the Paschathkarma (The follow up procedures the patient has to do).
The Poorvakarma include
A. Snehanam (External and internal oleation)
B. Swedanam (Sudation therapy)
Snehanam consists of different kinds of massages (external oleation) and the intake of oils or ghee preparations according to the condition of the treatment (internal oleation).
Swedanas are the preparative procedures for Panchakarma after doing sufficient oleation.
Some of the important swedana (sudation) treatments are:
1. Steam Bath: One of the most common sudation therapies. Here the person is entering into a steam chamber with his head outside. Medicated steam is filled
4. Naranga kizhi: Here lemon is the main ingredient in the bolus. This kizhi is specially indicated in Apabahukam (Brachial neuralgia ).5. Pizhichil (Kaya sekam): Here warm oil is poured all over the body in a rhythmic way. The oil is selected according to the problems of the treatment guest. For this treatment a minimum of three therapists is needed. Pizhichil is ‘rasayana’ (rejuvenative) in nature. It is useful for treating rheumatic problems, nerve related problems etc.6. Dhanyamla dhara: Specially prepared decoction is poured over the whole body in a rhythmic way. This treatment is specifically indicated in partial paralysis and some other neurological problems as well as obesity.There are many other sudation treatments which, according to the condition of the person in treatment, are selected by the physician. When the patient is sufficiently oleated, and effectively fomented, one of the elimination treatments of Pradhanakarma (Panchakarma) is done. And then the processes of Poorvakarma and Pradhanakarma are repeated according to the condition of the treatment guest.Pradhanakarma/Panchakarma consists of five kinds of elimination treatments (sodhana):
- Vamanam (Emesis)
- Virechanam (Purgation)
- Nasyam (Nasal medication)
- Sneha basthi (Oil enema)
- Kashaya basthi (Decoction enema)
Some consider the two enemas together and add Raktrhamoksha (Blood letting) as the fifth sodhana.
1. Vamana (Emesis/Vomiting): Elimination of impurities through the mouth by giving suitable herbal medicinal preparations and cause vomiting. This is the prime treatment for Kapha Dosha. It also helps in treating lung related problems like asthma, bronchitis and some skin diseases like psoriasis.
2. Virechanam (Purgation): This is the elimination of impurities by giving suitable medicines and creating purgation. This is the prime treatment for Pitha Dosha. Virechanam is also said to have a rejuvenative action.
3. Nasyam (Nasal administration of medicines): Suitable oils, powders or juices are administered through the nose. This is effective in diseases like sinusitis, nasal polyps, migraine and neurological problems like brachial neuralgia, paralysis etc.
4. Snehavasthi/Anuvasana (Medicated oil enema): Administration of suitable oil through the rectum.
5. Kashayavasthi/Asthapana (Decoction enema): Suitable decoction is administered through the rectum.
Both Vasthies are effective in constipation, backpain, paralysis, flatulence, rheumatism etc. Vasthies are said to be the prime treatment for Vatha Dosha.